Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I woke up in a cold sweat

Last night was a terrible night. I awoke from a nightmare several times over the course of 5 hours. Each time, thinking it was the last. What was I dreaming about over and over?

It was 9:00 a.m. and our flight for vacation was departing at 2:00 p.m. I had not packed a single item for any of us.

It's pathetic that this amazingly fun vacation my husband has surprised me with has me so stressed out that I'm having nightmares. I didn't even have to handle any of the coordination of plane tickets, hotel accommodations, scheduled activities (he's pretty amazing).

I only have to worry about packing. Packing what 5 people will need over the 5 days we will be gone. Packing the right balance of entertainment and necessity for 3 small children. Packing the perfect combination of items to keep a 5 year old and a 1 year old happy and tantrum-free on a 4 hour plane ride, twice. Packing enough bottles and diapers to keep a 3 month old satisfied and content.

I've been pinteresting my tail off for tips and tricks of traveling with kids and my brain is swirling with ideas and to-do lists. It seems impossible to get everything ready in 2 weeks. It shouldn't seem impossible. Am I making a deal out of nothing? I don't know, maybe.

Have you traveled with kids? What are the must haves to survive the plane and several days in a hotel? Please help!


1 comment:

  1. I have traveled with children but considering I barely get any sleep the night before a trip, I have little advice. I always bring a small backpack with a few of their favorite books and things to color with that will not cause too much damage if contact is made on a surface other than paper. Oh, and a stuffed animal or doll for each. Also, for the plane, something for them to suck or chew during take-off or landing to help with their ears popping.

    I just realized this comment is 6 days after your post so you are probably on your lovely vacation right now. Was there something brilliantly helpful that you brought?

    Lisa - from Created for Learning

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...